Skip to comments.Missouri state senator delivers amazing testimony (video)
Posted on 04/30/2015 4:48:25 AM PDT by cotton1706
Watch this fantastic speech by Missouri State Senator Kurt Schaefer on why we need an Article V Convention of States to rein in federal bureaucracy, federal spending, and federal career politicians:
(Excerpt) Read more at conventionofstates.com ...
My question remains to all who seek a to rewrite the Constitution, “What would you change, exactly and why?”
“My question remains to all who seek a to rewrite the Constitution, What would you change, exactly and why?”
My top items would be
1. instituting term limits on Congress, or merely allowing the states to do so if they so chose
2. Instituting term limits on the judiciary, or short of that, allowing either the Congress or the states, or either, to overturn a judicial decision
3. requiring that any executive regulation must be passed by the Congress before it becomes effective, thus returning the legislative power to the legislature.
Article V Ping!
For Art in Idaho, please consider adding the video link to your list of references.
Restore the Framers’ structure of congress.
Think about it.
I will add:
4. Specific Enumerated Powers, that unless listed in the Constitution or an Amendment the Federal Government shall not have Supremacy to the States.
5. The Courts may not interpret law, but must apply it as written and if they cannot or as written violates the Constitution the entire law shall be declared null an void.
6. The Court may not declare a part of a law null and void, but if a part of a law is null and void the entire law as written is null and void and all adjudication(s) that have taken place as a result of this now null and void law are overturned and reversed.
7. Loser pays legal system combined with plaintiff attorney paying the defendant’s legal fees and compensation for any forfeited income as a result of the unsuccessful suit.
These are just a few of my thoughts.
Link to this video on youtube:
“...What would you change, and why?...”
My list is long.
The real problems is federal welfare programs. Anyone who is in this country legally or has Obama’s TPS status gets every welfare program they qualify for. Hell, we pay for foreign students healthcare while they are here. UNREAL. Add all the federal employees who damn sure should not be union members. Hell, you cannot fire an AFGE member without an act of Congress. Look at Louis Lerner. Ridiculous. We have got to make people actively seek work and make father’s pay for and raise their damn kids if on our dime. These programs must stop.
Repeal the 17th Ammendment and place selection of Senators back in to the hands of the State legislators. This not only makes US Senators more accountable to their states; it also makes state legislators more accountable to their constituants.
I spoke with my state assemblyman last summer about Article V to get rid of the 17A.
He was polite and listened. It wasn’t until I reminded him that he and his colleagues in the FL legislature would be responsible for instructing senators how to vote for/against executive branch appointments and treaties that he really stood up and took notice.
I think that is the way to sell Article V. Politicians wouldn’t be pols unless they craved power. We should encourage our state legislators to retrieve the power granted to them by the Framers.
Balanced Budget Amendment. That should do it.
We don’t need to tinker with the Constitution for that
Why a Constitutional convention, that opens the door to rewrite the entire Constitution and not just an amendment?
And most important how would you write the amendment so as to preclude politicians from simply raising taxes, instead of cutting spending, to balance the budget?
That does not require a CC that opens the door to a rewrite of the entire Constitution by those in attendance.
What kind of delegates do you think Ny is going to send, how about Mass, Conn, ME, RI, and VT? What about Caliphony, Michigan, NM, and the rest of the leftist states?
I'm sure Jim would not object to the ban width necessary to accommodate your long list. And I would certainly be interested in reading it.
How? Do you think you will be the only one there? What about the delegates from NY, MA, New England, CA and the other liberal welfare slave states?
But more important, how would you write that restoration?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.