Since Dec 3, 1997
Since 1997, the most ill-informed post I've seen on the forum. Bar none. The question at hand is whether Apple should be forced to open one (and thus, all) iPhones to government investigators. The poster thinks that the government should get what it asks for, and posts a photo to illustrate his point that the FBI is some laudable hero. The most unbelievable thing I've seen on the forum, ever. Click here.
1) Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good. Hillary Clinton
2) Dont let anybody tell you that its corporations and businesses that create jobs. -- Hillary Clinton
3) You know, we cant keep talking about our dependence on foreign oil and the need to deal with global warming and the challenge that it poses to our climate and to Gods creation and just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people. Hillary Clinton
4) I cant worry about every undercapitalized business — Hillary Clinton testifying before Congress on the effects of Nationalized Health Care.
5) Yes, we've cut the maternal mortality rate in half, but far too many women are still denied critical access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don't count for much if they're not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper. Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. Hillary Clinton
6) "We are at a stage in history in which remolding society is one of the great challenges facing all of us in the West." -- Hillary Clinton per Barbara Olson's Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton
7) "There are rich people everywhere. And yet they do not contribute to the growth of their own countries.....They don't invest in public schools, in public hospitals, in other kinds of development internally." Hillary Clinton
8) "No. We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices ... Government has to make those choices for people." Hillary Clinton
9) "If you have guns in your home, tell your parents to keep them away from you and your friends and your little brothers and sisters." -- Hillary Clinton to middle school students
10) "I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry..." -- Hillary Clinton
11) "I think again were way out of balance. Weve got to rein in what has become almost an article of faith that almost anybody can have a gun anywhere at any time. And I dont believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people." -- Hillary Clinton
12) "We came out of the White House not only dead-broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy." Hillary Clinton
13) I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base. — Hillary Clinton makes up a ridiculous, untrue story about her trip to Bosnia.
14) In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security. — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002
15) "Theres a different leader in Syria now. Many of the members of Congress of both parties who have gone to Syria in recent months have said they believe hes a reformer." -- Hillary Clinton on tyrannical maniac Bashar Assad
16) With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make? -- Hillary Clinton
17) My husband may have his faults, but he has never lied to me. -- Hillary Clinton per Kim Eisler's Masters of the Game: Inside the World's Most Powerful Law Firm
18) "Put this (helicopter) on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!" -- Hillary Clinton from Air Force Lt. Colonel Robert Patterson's Dereliction of Duty.
19) "I have to admit that a good deal of what my husband and I have learned (about Islam) has come from my daughter. (As) some of you who are our friends know, she took a course last year in Islamic history." Hillary Clinton
20) The last time I actually drove a car myself was 1996. -- Hillary Clinton
"I will have no man in my boat," said Starbuck, "who is not afraid of a whale."
By this, he seemed to mean, not only that the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril, but that an utterly fearless man is a far more dangerous comrade than a coward.
~ Moby Dick
"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. This is not to say that firearms should not be very carefully used, and that definite safety rules of precaution should not be taught and enforced. But the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible" Senator Hubert H. Humphrey (D) Minn. "Know Your Lawmakers" Guns (magazine), February, 1960, p. 4.
If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about, dont deal in lies, Or being hated, dont give way to hating, And yet dont look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dreamand not make dreams your master; If you can thinkand not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth youve spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, And stoop and build em up with worn-out tools: If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breathe a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: Hold on! If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kingsnor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything thats in it, Andwhich is moreyoull be a Man, my son!